I haven’t attempted any advanced techniques yet, but I compiled this list of posts to check out when I’m ready.
If you’ve already mastered some basic dishes, check out the sites below and let me know if which ones are useful (or not). I’ll update this list based what would be good for a beginner to try when they’re ready to “graduate”.
- Food.com’s Recipes for Beginner Cooks, sorted by rating. Browse by ingredient, meal, special diet, prep time & cuisine
- Supercook and My Fridge Food answer the question, ‘What can I make with the ingredients I have?’.
- 100 Days of Real Food Recipe Index
- How to use a Slow Cooker – for getting tender & juicy results
- Broiling Tips – for getting that charred texture on the outside
- How to Meal Prep – cooking in bulk to save time during the week
- The Flavor Bible – when you’re ready to learn about which flavors pair well together.
- If you’re interested in recreating some famous NYC dishes, Huffington Post has a great list of 1o to try.
- If you’re interested in recreating dishes from chain restaurants, Food.com has a long list of ‘copycat’ recipes with food from places like Olive Garden and Taco Bell.
If you have other suggestions of things to add here, please let me know in the comments below 👍